questionario
 
Home » Visit the Park » Hamlets and Sanctuaries » The Hamlets

Monterosso

The village loved by Eugenio Montale

The first historical information regarding Monterosso date back to 1201, when the lords of Lagneto, owners of the castle of which today only some ruins remain, made an agreement with Genoa. In 1214 the Monterosso's community was established, and the first fortifications were built to protect the hamlet from the invasion of the Saracens, so that this became the most majestic defense system in the Cinque Terre.

Municipality: Monterosso al Mare (SP) | | View on Map
Monterosso
Monterosso
 
share-stampashare-mailshare-twittershare-facebookQR Code