It's about a distinguishing mark assigned by Park to the Cinque Terre's tourism enterprises who have been involved with quality voluntary pathway, respect for the environment, enhancement of culture and local identity, following the EUROPARC Federation strategy given in the European Charter for Sustainable Tourism. Cinque Terre Marine Protected Area was awarded the recognition during the first implementation phase in 2015.
Environmental Quality Label, ECST Phase II is only recognised for accomodation services and tourism activities located in the territory of the Park.Environmental Quality Label, ECST Phase II
guarantees protected area's visitor:
- to stay in tourist accomodation taking part in the improvement of the local heritage by proposing typical products
- Access to services dedicated to an authentic and in-depth knowledge of the territory, to the paths, and local traditions
- Respect of environmental sustainability and saving of energy and water
Where to sleep
Where to eat
Questionnaire for visitors
Integrated Adhesion System
Environmental Quality Label, ECST Phase II represents a unique system of environmental certification of local businesses, the result of a synthesis between the methodology proposed by Federparchi in the second phase of the European Charter and the Environmental Quality Label already implemented by the Park. This system was atopdetd by the Cinque Terre National Park with Resolution of the Executive Committee No 14 of 26 February 2018.
Sectors of evaluation for certified tourism companies are:
- Improve own tourist services and the relationship with the Protected Area
- Improve own environmental behaviur managing direct and indirect impacts
- Support local development and heritage conservation
Certified tourism companies have to respect an action programme broken down as follows:
- Mandatory actions about the sustainabily that the company must already have implemented at the time of certification
- Mandatory actions about the sustainabily that the company undertakes to implement one year after signing the cooperation agreement
- Improvement actions to developed in the following three years, according to the action plan drawn up by the tourism company
To access the Adhesion System companies must:
Park's commitment to member undertakings:
- Belong to one of the following categories: hotel or complementary accommodation
- Be located and carry out its activity in the territory of the Park
- Observe existing legislation
- Carry out activities and actions compatible with the sustainable tourism strategy of the territory and take part to Forum ECST. This partecipation must be active, individually ora via trade associations.
- Valorise exclusively the undertakings companies through a joint and uniform communication, through their own channels and dedicated editorial products
- Providing companies training courses and moments of exchange with other ECST certified companies, also through collaboration
- Improve the flow of information between companies and the Park
- Improve the competitiveness and the quality of the offer of certified companies by providing some types of Park Services Cards "Cinque Terre Card" at discounted prices to be offered to customers who stay one or more days in their accomodation, to purchased including online.
- Promote certified companies in the context of promotional events organized by the Park, trade fairs, initiatives and activities planned by the European Network of Protected Areas
- Promote forms of reward by defining as an element of merit the recognition of a certified company on the occasion of any calls or subsidy lines managed by the Protected Area
Membership-application process for Environmental Quality Label 2.0, ECST Phase II
- Sending of the application form to join the system ( Attachment 1) duly completed with identity document: hand delivery from Monday to Friday, from 9 to 12:30, at the agency's protocol office, Via Discovolo snc, railway station offices of Manarola or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Internal audit at the requesting structure for the verification of mandatory actions and the drafting of the three-year improvement actions plan, by the Park's technicians
- External audit at the requesting structure for the assignment of the certification by the ECST manager of another certified protected area
- Issue of the partnership certificate
- Annual periodic check by the Park's CEA technicians, and external triennial check by the ECST manager of another certified protected area
Documents and forms
Contacts: landline 0187/762602, mobile 331/2262935 , email email@example.com
Environmental Quality Label 2.0, ECST Phase II Counter: it's active every TUESDAY and THURSDAY from 9 am to 1 pm, at the headquarters of the Ente Parco, in Via Discovolo snc, at the offices of the Railway Station of Manarola.